Protea Japan Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “our company”) maintains communication with customers in importing and selling cosmetics, supplements, health equipment, and selling beauty equipment, sports equipment, and health foods. Our basic philosophy is to build relationships of trust with our customers and pursue customer satisfaction as our top priority.
In addition, personal information from partner companies, personal information provided by customers, and customer information acquired on the website are the most important information assets in our business. Recognising that protection is a social responsibility, the entire company will handle personal information appropriately in accordance with the following.
- When acquiring personal information, we will specify the purpose of use and will do so by lawful and fair means within the scope of our legitimate business.
We will use the acquired personal information only within the scope of the purpose of use, and will take measures to prevent it from being used for purposes other than those intended.
- When entrusting or providing personal information to a third party, the Company will select a third party that satisfies a sufficient level of protection and take appropriate measures through a contract, etc.
- We will comply with laws and regulations regarding the handling of personal information, national guidelines and other norms.
- We recognise the risks of leakage, loss or damage of personal information, establish internal standards and responsibility systems for prevention and correction, and take appropriate measures.
- We will sincerely and promptly respond to complaints, consultations, etc. regarding the handling of personal information from the person himself/herself.
- Our officers and employees recognize the importance of protecting personal information and strive to protect personal information appropriately. Therefore, we will formulate a personal information protection management system that complies with the “Personal Information Protection Management System Requirements (JISQ15001)”, and all employees will comply with it, and we will strive to continuously improve it.
Date of enactment: November 1, 2013
Revision date: April 1, 2022
Protea Japan Co., Ltd.
President and Representative Director Mark C. Minter
Contact point for complaints, consultations, etc. regarding personal information protection policy and handling of personal information
For complaints and consultations regarding our personal information protection policy and handling of personal information, please contact the following “Personal Information Inquiry Desk” by mail, telephone, or e-mail. Please note that we cannot accept requests that come directly to our office.
Personal Information Inquiry Desk
7F Prime Terrace Kamiyacho
4-1-13 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Protea Japan Co., Ltd.
Phone: 03-6361-1500 (reception hours: 10:00-17:00, except Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, and year-end and New Year holidays)
E-mail: [email protected]
The authorised personal information protection organisation to which our company belongs is Broadcasting Security Centre.
Please refer to “Purpose of Use of Personal Information” for the purpose of use and consignment of personal information.
For the procedures for requesting disclosure, etc., please refer to “Matters Concerning Procedures, etc. for Responding to Requests for Disclosure, etc.”
Disclosure matters regarding the purpose of use of personal information
Purpose of use of personal information
We will use personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use for the following operations.
1. Business content
(1) Sales of cosmetics, supplements, and health equipment, and their import/export business
(2) Sale of beauty equipment, sports equipment, and health food
(3) All work incidental to (1) and (2) above
(4) Recruitment work
(5) Employment and personnel management of employees, retirees, etc.
2. Purpose of use
(1) Sales of products such as cosmetics, supplements, medical equipment, beauty equipment, sports equipment, health foods, etc. and ancillary business
(2) Provision of product information by word of mouth, direct mail, email, etc.
(3) Responding to inquiries and consultations
(4) Appropriate and smooth execution of our business
(5) Fulfilment of contract related to outsourced work
(6) Exercise of rights and fulfilment of obligations based on contracts and laws related to our business
(7) Recruitment management
(8) Employee employment management
(9) For confirming the safety of the business office, confirming the situation in the event of an accident, and contacting the person
(10) For reception support and security management using surveillance cameras, etc.
Personal information protection manager
Director of Legal and Compliance Department
About provision of personal information to third parties
We will not provide personal information to a third party without obtaining the consent of the person in advance. However, the following cases are excluded.
(1) When there is consent from the individual
(2) When required by law
(3) When it is necessary to protect a person’s life, body or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
(4) When providing the minimum necessary information to the subcontractor within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
Regarding consignment of personal information
We may outsource personal information to other businesses within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use. In that case, we will select a subcontractor with a personal information protection system and conclude a contract regarding personal information protection.
Matters concerning procedures for responding to requests for disclosure, etc.
At the request of the person, notification of the purpose of use of personal data held by our company, disclosure (including records provided by third parties), correction, addition or deletion of content, suspension of use, erasure and third party The procedure for responding to the suspension of provision to third parties (referred to as “disclosure, etc.”) is as follows.
1. Where to submit a request for disclosure, etc.
For requests for disclosure, etc., please attach the necessary documents to the prescribed request form and mail it. When mailing invoices to the Company, please use a method that allows confirmation of the delivery record, such as delivery record mail or simplified registered mail.
Protea Japan Co., Ltd. Personal Information Protection Manager
TEL: 03-6361-1500 (reception hours: 10:00 to 17:00, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, and year-end and New Year holidays)
2. Documents to be submitted for requests for disclosure, etc.
When making a request for disclosure, etc., download the following request form, fill in all the prescribed items, and submit a document for identity verification.
1) Driver’s license, 2) Passport, 3) Health insurance card, 4) Pension handbook, 5) Alien registration card, etc.
*If your identity verification documents include your “domicile”, please black it out before submitting. If it is not blacked out at the time of receipt by our company, it will be blacked out by our company and will not be acquired.
1) When requesting disclosure of personal information and records provided by a third party or notification of purpose of use (charged)
2) When requesting correction, addition or deletion of personal information, suspension of use, or suspension of provision to a third party (free of charge)
Prime Terrace Kamiyacho 7F, 4-1-13 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Protea Japan Co., Ltd. Personal information inquiry desk
3. Request for disclosure, etc. by an agent
When delegating a request for disclosure, etc. to an agent, please enclose the following documents in addition to the documents in paragraph 2 above.
(1) In the case of a legal representative
Documents to confirm that you have legal representation (extract of family register issued within 3 months, copy of health insurance card within valid period with dependents (children) listed in case of parental authority)
Documents to confirm that the person has legal representation
One copy of official documents such as 1) driver’s license, 2) passport, 3) health insurance card, 4) alien registration card
(2) In the case of an agent by delegation
Power of attorney designated by our company
Proof of seal impression of the person in question (within the past 3 months, 1 item with a seal on the power of attorney)
4. Fees for requests
A fee of 800 yen will be charged per application only for notification of purpose of use or request for disclosure of content. Please enclose 800 yen worth of postage stamps with the application form. If the fee is insufficient or if the fee is not enclosed, we will contact you to that effect, but if payment is not made within the prescribed period, we will treat it as if there was no request for disclosure. Let’s eat.
5. How to respond to requests for disclosure, etc.
Regarding notification and disclosure based on your request, we will use the method specified by the person, including the provision of electromagnetic records (even if disclosure by such method requires a large amount of money or is difficult to disclose by such method) We will respond by the method of delivery of documents).
6. Purpose of use of personal information acquired in relation to requests for disclosure, etc.
Personal information acquired in response to a request for disclosure, etc. shall be handled only within the scope necessary for the request for disclosure, etc.
7. If we are unable to respond to your request for disclosure, etc.
Please note that we cannot respond to requests for disclosure, etc. in the following cases.
1. If the submitted documents are incomplete
2. When the identity of the person cannot be confirmed
3. When the power of attorney cannot be confirmed when a request is made by an agent
4. When it does not correspond to the personal information held by our company
5. When it violates other laws and regulations
8. Where to file complaints regarding the handling of retained personal data
Please contact the following for complaints regarding the handling of retained personal data.
Administrator: Protea Japan Co., Ltd. Personal information inquiry desk
TEL: 03-6361-1500 (reception hours: 10:00-17:00, except Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, and year-end and New Year holidays)
9. Security control measures
Information on security control measures taken for personal data held by our company will be disclosed after confirming the identity of the person making the request. However, we may not be able to respond to your request if there is a significant hindrance to our normal business, if there is a risk of violating the provisions of laws and regulations, or if there is a risk of hindering the safety management of personal information. Please contact the inquiry window (request window for disclosure, etc. of retained personal data).